What does the Book of Jeremiah say about human sexuality? Here are all the verses we found that allude to it.
Jeremiah 5:7. “How can I pardon you? Your children have forsaken me, and sworn by what are no gods. When I had fed them to the full, they committed adultery, and assembled themselves in troops at the prostitutes’ houses.
Jeremiah 5:8. Lustful stallions they are, each neighs after another’s wife. (NAB translation)
Jeremiah 29:23. Those two men, sex predators and prophet-impostors, got what they deserved. They pulled every woman they got their hands on into bed – their neighbors’ wives, no less – and preached lies claiming it was my Message. I never sent those men. I’ve never had anything to do with them.” God’s Decree. “They won’t get away with a thing. I’ve witnessed it all.” (MSG translation)
1. The Bible often mentions issues of childbirth or the pain of childbirth or breastfeeding without any reference to sex. We ignored all such instances. Example: the virgin will conceive and bear a son, in pain like a woman in labor, weaned from the milk.
2. The Bible often refers to the spiritual faithfulness of people as virginity, and their spiritual unfithfulness as prostitution. We ignored all such instances. Examples: the virgin daughter of Zion, the faithful city has become a prostitute.
3. The Bible often uses romantic terms to describe the relationship between the LORD God and his people. We ignored all such instances. Example: my beloved.
4. The Bible sometimes mentions phallic symbols. We ignored all such instances. Example: Asherah pole.
5. The Bible sometimes mentions nudity but not in a sexual context. We included such instances because they indicate attitudes toward the human body.
Unless otherwise noted, all Bible quotations on this page are from the World English Bible and the World Messianic Edition. These translations have no copyright restrictions. They are in the Public Domain.